The affordable Spill Buddy is a compact, highly portable, hand held, free product skimming system. It is designed to operate on site to skim quantities of product (LNAPL or DNAPL). The Spill Buddy’s operation is based on the state-of-the-art ALPHA-ARRAY™ sensors in the probe that detect the interface between the product and the water. An audible feedback signals the user to keep the pump positioned in the product layer, and allows product skimming with virtually no water pumped (dependent on operator’s reaction time in turning off the pump after hearing the audible signal for water).
The compact probe with enclosed pump easily fits into wells as small as 2″ in diameter. The rugged, lightweight, and convenient Spill Buddy can skim up to 0.7 gallons of product per minute. Spill Buddy also has a self contained, rechargeable battery for the sensor electronics and pump. The battery is rechargeable from a 12 VDC source (car battery or cigarette lighter socket-optional) or the wall transformer provided with the unit. Spill Buddy will operate for up to one hour of continuous pumping (approx. 40 gallons) per charge.
The standard length down-well probe is 50 feet (15 meters), but a 100 foot (30 meters) probe is also an option for deeper wells.
Features and Benefits
- Compact and lightweight – won’t weigh you down.
- Self-contained battery operation, with convenient option to re-charge in vehicle between sites.
- Keeps pumping water to a bare minimum (unless desired!).
- Guides operator to interface with audible signals- eliminates guesswork.
- Optional 100 foot down-well probe for the Spill Buddy
- Optional replacement battery
- Optional Power Socket Charger (“cigarette lighter”jack)
- Spill Buddy Well Head Pulley Adapters